Photo Hair Tutorial: The Rodarte-Inspired Messy Braid
"It’s a lot easier to recreate than you think," explains Latest-Hairstyles.com guest contributor Steph Brinkerhoff. "It’s best to start on wavy or second-day hair to give the look added texture. It also doesn’t hurt to spray a little hairspray or spray wax in it beforehand to add a little grip and grunge. Here’s how to get the look…"
1. Beginning on wavy hair, take a medium to large section (depending on how thick is) close to your right ear.
2. Braid the section going from the front to the back.
3. Repeat on the opposite side.
4. Bring both braids to the back and secure them with an elastic.
5. Loosen and mess up both braids by pulling on them gently with your fingers.
6. Take one braid and wrap it up and around itself, creating a small braided bun.
7. Secure with bobby pins.
Click here for even more cool hair tips and ideas!
A big thanks to Latest-Hairstyles.com and their guest contributor, Steph Brinkerhoff for this tutorial + photos.
Here are a couple iPhone shots of this hairstyle that I recreated on myself...
This style is super easy to do on yourself and so cute. It's a fantastic quick style perfect for school, work or even a date night out!